How much office space do I need?
One of the first questions you will ask when establishing a new business or moving into a new office building: how much office space do I need?
The Building Code of Australia requires a minimum of 10 square metres of office space per person. The amount of space you require, will be dictated by the industry you are in. Aspect Commercial Interiors recommend 10-15 square metres of space per person.
(This calculation is based on the total area of your office, divided by the number of office staff.)
Key issues to take into consideration when planning your office space include:
- What is the minimum office space we need? (Office Staff x 10)
- How do plans for future business development and expansion, impact on office staff numbers?
- How is technology developing and how will it affect the amount of space your staff need to perform their roles?
- Are you considering acquiring, or merging with, other companies?
- How are industry trends advancing and how will this impact methods of work going forward?
- Should alternative work settings, such as non-assigned seating and activity based working, be considered?
- How do we identify and minimise the effect of relocation and refurbishment on staff and customers?
The office environment is constantly evolving and we understand that businesses want to create spaces that inspire and that allow staff to excel and grow. Growing businesses, require effective office design that helps to attract and retain staff, embraces technology changes and makes the best possible use of the space available.
Contact one of our Workspace Managers today to talk about maximising your office space – 1300 122 455 or email@example.com