Inspiring Wellbeing at Work to Boost Engagement
Creating a culture that allows your employees to flourish is key to running a successful organisation. How do you maintain engagement with your staff, realise potential and get the best out of them?
Poor staff wellbeing impacts the bottom line, in costs incurred through absence, as well as profits lost through decreased productivity and missed business opportunities. It makes sense to invest in helping employees perform at their best.
Businesses are perfectly placed to roll out wellbeing messages, and to support them with a framework that backs the ideas being promoted. This can be done by encouraging healthy food options in kitchens to support eating well, showers and change room amenities available to encourage staff to run/walk to work or take lunchtime exercise classes.
Need a few ways to inspire well-being at your workplace? Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Start a running or walking group that meets 2-3 times per week.
- Develop a map of the nearby walking paths and fitness centres to encourage an active lifestyle.
- Replace the lollies/sweets in breakout areas with fruit and nuts.
- Use standing or height adjustable workstations and create a roster for staff usage
- Encourage people to take the stairs or walk to work – start a daily step target for staff.
A good employee wellness program and initiatives help businesses to:
- Increase employee engagement (commitment, loyalty, retention)
- Reduce employee turnover
- Reduce absenteeism and presenteeism
- Improve productivity, including increases in alertness and concentration.
For more ideas on boosting engagement and productivity of your staff, speak to us now!