What makes a great breakout space?
A breakout area is a space that is away from the main office working environment open to employees. It is an environment serving multiple purposes; for relaxation and collaboration as well as being a place of work that’s flexible and can be used productively for informal chats or internal meetings that do not require a meeting room. E.g. Daily huddle meetings. This reduces the demand on traditional meeting rooms and increases flexibility.
If designed correctly and incorporating the right technology, the breakout space can become a highly effective hub for co-working and collaboration among co-workers. Giving employees a choice over a range of work settings, including casual areas to relax, collaborate and work flexibly, is crucial to their productivity and happiness.
The benefits of a breakout space include:
- Increased collaboration and interaction between employees
- Reduces stress and anxiety in employees, by having space where they can get away from their ‘work’, and be rejuvenated and re-energised
- Encourages employees to work flexibly
- Increases employee productivity, happiness, and morale
- Multi-use space – therefore reducing need for space, combating rising leasing costs
Want to learn more about creating a great breakout space to increase the productivity of your staff? Speak to the team at Aspect Interiors today!